Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blitz matches

Hello,


A note on blitz matches.  I play a lot of blitz and found that I'm losing more than winning these games.  Some are in the opening, but most of them have happened during the middle game.  During the opening I know that it's just getting through seeing missteps on my part and needing to hone some pattern recognition skills I am lacking.

Regarding the middle game - it's just pure tactics.  I'm not very well versed on this, but I do know that there are occasions when I see something, a spark happens and a flash of brilliance coms into play leading to victory.

It should be known that blitz overall is not good chess except in times of time crunching your experience through a normal match whether it is g/60 or g/90.

Anyway, hopefully you, like myself are applying yourselves to some real book study and actual play time.


Cheers,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment